Thank you everyone. Have been praising the effort and practice for a while. That has become habitual.

It was interesting that she had trouble with the tricycle steering and somewhat with the scooter, though she made more effort here, but when we got the bicycle (with training wheels) she tried hard and mastered very quickly. The reverse stopping, the steering. It took two tries and she was turning in a circle at the end of the boardwalk to come back.

There were also some other physically demanding things that she pushed herself, like a big climber in the playground when she was 15 months old. She struggled and climbed with the bigger kids. Or won't go out with the boogie board since tiny wipeout but has a floatie ring and goes way out and rides big waves, then surfs in with the ring, had a big wipeout but it didn't matter. Why one and not the other?

And I admit, I have a reward thing going. She was going to get 2 puppies at 6, she gets them earlier if all goes smoothly with the princess test (SBV for Hunter and the OLSAT for the citywide schools) so she has to practice "stopping, breathing and thinking" and not rushing when she doesn't like the exercise.

I had to laugh yesterday, we do Brain Quest 5-6 when she sits on the toilet at night (her request) and she had to find things starting with B. She said bullrushes, and then said there were 2 sets of bullrushes in the picture (I told her there were 8 things altogether) but Brain Quest did not identify the bullrushes as things starting with B. So, obviously she isn't going to do badly on the test, but the habits now will matter later on.

Thanks again.

Ren