Do you have any emails, report cards, etc. from teachers last year stating the disorganization issues? It's not like those issues would have magically disappeared over summer break.

I hate to say this, but I would see that email as a kind of a red flag. It has a tone of "teacher input is more important than YOUR input, or even the DOCTOR'S input." We have had teachers who simply refuse to deal with issues or see them, they don't want to deal with "accommodations", have meetings, etc., or they think that labeling a child as a child with special needs is harmful. Or they don't think ADHD is a real disorder. So what if some of the teachers say "Oh, she's fine, parent is overly-anxious or making excuses" when that is not the case? Start documenting and try to get everything in writing. If your DD brings home an assignment with points taken off for being late, save the assignment. Print or save emails from teachers. That is your best defense.

edited to add, I had the same issue last year in terms of "helping" DD, and then she didn't look as impaired as she really was. For writing assignments, for instance, I was sitting down with DD and helping her plan, organize, edit, etc. I did inform the teacher of this, but apparently it went right over her head, and she insisted that DD's writing is fine (Strange-because DD was doing basically NO writing in class). It's a dilemma. If there is a disability, it's not fair to the child to say "It's your problem--figure it out yourself" just so that the disability can "manifest itself" and warrant the need of written interventions/accommodations. If she has multiple different teachers, though, I think she will have enough problems at school keeping track of her stuff by herself, and getting what she needs to each class, that it should be pretty obvious to them that accommodations are needed even if you do help at home.