Originally Posted by Lorel
I don't know why you'd need to pay the test center to give the CAT. You can pay less and do it yourself by ordering through Family Learning Organization online. You do need to state that you are a homeschooling parent, but it sounds as if you qualify.
I use Family Learning Oranization to get our test from too. They only charge $35 for the test. (And if you order in the off season you MIGHT get a discount. -- I'm not sure if they are still doing off season discounts. The on season is the end of the school year.)

As to putting your dd in an advanced Sunday School class. Let me share some questions that I was asked when my dd was your dd's age. Do you want her in the Youth Group (or whatever your church calls the teen group) a couple of years early? Do you want her in a class where she can be a leader, or because of age, she is always trying to fit in? If she is homeschooled, she may be sheltered from a lot of things that Public School kids are not. Do you want her exposed to those things early because she is in an older class?

On the other hand, putting her with older kids in the tutoring school will not be a long term thing, so I would not worry about that. Could you talk to the teachers at the Sunday School? Will they have time to spend extra time with her? Could she spend an extra year in the next class up?

I am new to this board too, but I have hung out on a homeschooling board for a long time and learned a lot of things there. Your answers to these questions may not be the same as my answers, but they are worth thinking about.