Hi! Welcome!

We have a DS7 who is HG+ and is homeschooled. We pulled him out of public school in late Sept. of 1st grade for "emergency homeschooling." He came home the first day of 1st grade--this boy who had loved 2 years of pre-K and a year of half-day K--threw his backpack down and said, "I'm NOT going back! And if you MAKE me go back, I'm NOT going to 2nd grade because it will be even LONGER and more BORING!" eek

So that was last year. We looked at other options for this year and chose to HS again. For us it has been the solution to a problem more than a philosophical choice. But whatever! It's working!

We also have a DS4, and I don't know what he is yet...I know what you mean about different but intense! If it were possible to be GT only in terms of the emotional intensity, that would be what I'd think DS4 is. We're in wait-and-see mode with him, and he's in pre-K now. It's good for him to have time to be without big brother. He'll go to K next year, we'll request testing by the school, and then we'll see if public school is for him or if we'll be a homeschooling family.

Anyway, there are lots of HSers here, and this is one of the few places I've found where HSers and school families really share and support one another's choices. It's wonderful and friendly and positive and a great place! So welcome!

Kriston