Originally Posted by mom2one
I had to LOL at this. Seriously though, isn't Lynbrook better than Cupertino High ? I thought Lynbrook/Monta Vista/Saratoga High/Paly/Gunn were the top-tier high schools in the valley/forest.

It also bothers me so much that a lot of school districts are not good in most towns in the Bay Area.

Those schools aren't as good as they claim to be. Most of those kids are being driven like beasts of burden by their parents (and homework-happy teachers, more homework doesn't make the school better). I know; I see them in the libraries in the summer doing AP coursework, and I know/have known some of them. I also read about them in the paper when they kill themselves to make it stop by stepping in front of trains (9 since 2009 with that method alone, IIRC).

The pressure starts young around here: I've probably written this before, but my DD had to have routine but major surgery a couple years ago, and her roommate was a kindergartner with the same problem. She was doing homework while still hooked up to an IV line. During Thanksgiving break, no less.

Write that journal! Do those sums!