The state board's model acceleration policy has a broken link but is still the policy. There's a copy of it in the oagc website. My local school board's policy is nearly identical and requires evaluation using the ias if the child is referred by a teacher in the district preschool teacher psychologist or pediatrician. Even with a later birthday.

I called the school and they told me no, based on the old referal form that they're still using but aren't supposed to be. Special services is handing early entrance since they cut the gis positions when the levy failed. luckily I talked to this great sympathetic secretary who was listening and taking notes and managing the special services coordinator for me, so I got to tell her where it says different in the school board policy and then it was just a matter of coming to pick up forms.

We also talked to the school psychologist who will do the testing, and she was nice and knew where we were coming from but basically said that if he's advanced enough to score that well the the school will probably never really be able to meet his needs.

She also said they do a wppsi and a wiat, but when I looked it up the wiat you have to be four so hopefully that means we wait to test till after the beginning of may.