It sounds like a lot of the work actually has potential to be interesting, if you could just focus on the content during interactive quality time, and dump the busy-work aspects. DS always took an hour or more to read his nightly book - but those crazy divergences were unique conversations, and I cherished the one-on-one time (even while cursing the need to get a move on and brush our teeth).

Would it be possible to reduce the time/ drudgery element by turning some of these tasks into a discussion rather than a written product? As a simple example, when DS was bringing home a lot of worksheets, I would do a quick oral check that he knew the material cold, and possibly have him complete the last couple problems if they offered any kind of novelty/ challenge. Then I labelled the sheet "completed orally with mother", initialled it, and sent it back. Elapsed time: 30 seconds - 5 minutes. You could provide a similar kind of guarantee that there are no "holes", without drowning your DD in unnecessary repetition. Focus your time together on talking through the new, interesting, or conceptual aspects, rather than filling in worksheets.

If writing is a relative weakness, maybe put some good effort into an important written product like the composition - and just remove the writing requirement from math homework where it isn't essential. Scribe, if need be (DS does his best math thinking with me holding pen at whiteboard while he expounds).

It's easy to get sucked into the idea that if writing is a weakness, then the more writing practice the better, but my experience is that this is really a case for quality over quantity. Write, where writing is the goal - and learn and think where anything else is the goal.