Loy58 What I have found in the classroom is that executive functioning seems to have more of an impact on academic success then the traditional model of crystalized and fluid intelligence, especially success in math. The school psych that I work with often administers a traditional IQ test (WISC etc) and an instrument based on PASS theory (Planning, Attention-Arousal, Simultaneous, Successive). The children that do well on the PASS instruments (?not sure this is phrased correctly, the psych people can chime in:)) are the ones that knock it out of the park in the classroom, especially in logic based areas like science and math. Almost without fail a student that has a very high IQ and does poorly on the CAS 2 will struggle with organization, logical thinking and while they may be exceptionally bright they can't communicate it via their school performance. On the other hand, I have had students that have a high average IQ and will perform in the Superior range on the CAS 2 who are amazing students. They perform so well, are working several grades ahead and as a teacher I am often amazed that they are not gifted or at least not classified as such. These students also tend to be more creative. Maybe the experts can chime in, I would be interested in their opinions:).