Thank you all for the feedback. Interesting perspectives. regarding a relative weakness in inferential reasoning (aeh) or her high verbal reasoning getting in the way (sallymom), I think I would need to look at the kinds of questions she is missing in reading comp. I think I may give her some example test questions in reading comp and see how she does. I tend toward Sallymom's hypothesis because her description would definitely fit for me and I do think her reading comp is actually pretty good.
As far as executive functioning, she is highly disorganized when it comes to her room, locker, backpack, clothes...etc. She has lost at least 6 pairs of horseback riding gloves and 4 expensive dressage whips in the past 3 years. Her hygiene is a constant struggle. However, she wakes up at exactly 5:30 every morning to play on the computer and watches the news before school. She reports the news highlights to my husband on the way to school including the weather and basketball stats in great detail. Then, she manages to be sitting at her computer the precise moment her computer time starts every night. However at home, she often wets her pants because she is so engaged in what she is doing that she ignores her body. Asynchrony? This makes my husband and I crazy. ;-) Oh, and the one that REALLY drives us Nuts is her complete lack of urgency regarding everything she does. Hurry is not really something she does well....if we really push, she cries and falls apart.

At least now that I am learning more about asynchrony, this all makes a little more sense. ;-)

LLR