Also, aeh, I don't mean to offend with my opinions on school psychologists. I personally had very negative experiences in that area and our local IU in general tends to attract some of the worst professionals in their fields (OT especially). A few of the IU employees have been great, most have not. I will probably never get over my personal bias against public schools, but that in no way means that I think school employees are always less qualified than those in private practice. After all, there are some pretty horrible people in private practice... Kidding, kidding smile

We have a great speech therapist with the IU and the psychologist who will perform the test seemed very nice and even told me she would manage to test him even if he never sat in his chair. She also said he can take breaks and visit me anytime. She insisted on an am session, which hadn't even occurred to me. I didn't grill her on her experience with gifted kids, because I'm not sure if my son is one. I guess I just have to trust that she knows what she is doing!