What is it about Shakespeare that she likes? Is it the language, or the stories? My theater-major DS was in a summer Shakespeare festival this year, and they did a young audiences show about 3 of the plays. It mixed the original language with modern slang, kept everyone up to speed.

See if there are performances of Reduced Shakespeare Company (also on youtube), which are hysterically funny, or local productions of the comedies. Even your area high schools are probably a good resource for performances. Our high school, in trying to ramp up the theater program, added a Shakespeare club and they perform occasionally.

Would your daughter be interested in learning Middle English, or at least some of the changes in pronunciation that have occurred, so that what used to rhyme doesn't anymore? Sorry, the only resource I have for that is my old college textbook, but usborne or DK or even the more adult series might have some accessible History of English books. This time of year the bookstores have those kinds of things out as holiday gifts.

I've become more interested myself since DS' foray into it this summer, and it's amazing the things that are dropping in my lap.