Yes, it is. I never lost sight of what kinds of things are swept under the rug at universities... and this is why my only child (also a 15yo PG girl who is far too pretty and nice for her own good) is living at home and attending a local university for her undergraduate experience... and why rather than being in general population coursework, she is part of a small(ish) honors college cohort.

We are WATCHING them. And her. She also has faculty watching out for her, being a home-town kid. NO WAY does a child-- even one who grew up in a university town and has been deliberately coached for the environment presented-- belong in a dorm setting on a huge college campus.

We also forbade them to "out" her as a publicity stunt. NO way. Her classmates (and not a few of her TA's) don't really know her chronological age. We've carefully coached/groomed her so that this is possible-- for her to "pass" as just another college girl, albeit one that isn't overtly sexualized or particularly focused on her appearance to the opposite sex. She dresses within the normative range, but on the modest end of things (which is, in our estimation, much more age-appropriate anyway). She doesn't hide what her days look like, and shares with me when she interacts with others (all of whom are far older).

We're very very fortunate that her boyfriend and his twin are also serving as a sort of entourage and-- yes-- eyes and ears. This is how we know when DD is getting hit on (and oh, boy-- does she EVER) even when SHE doesn't interpret interest from others that way.

Being introverted also helps because she isn't necessarily lonely enough to go looking for sketchy means of accomplishing acceptance. She's okay not having acceptance if it comes at that kind of cost, if that makes sense.

Not all kids are ready for that college environment at a young age, and it often has little to do with maturity and executive development, and everything to do with their personalities and what drives them.

smile

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.