Originally Posted by blackcat
DD has scores that are about the same (but reverse reading and math--math is higher) and she scores like an average 8th or 9th grader for math and reading. She is in fourth grade. I would ask the school what they mean by two grade levels ahead. If they expect her to have 98th-99th percentile for two grade levels ahead, that would be tough, but if they expect her to be 50th percentile for 6th grade, she has probably already shown that when she last did the test.

The grade equivalents on those tests should be interpreted with caution. So if a test says a kid is scoring at a 9th grade equivalent (meaning they get the same scores as the average 9th grader), that doesn't mean they should be moved to 9th grade. There would be a lot of gaps.

Definitely I want to know what percentile she needs. I didn't even think to ask. Did you do out of level testing to find out your daughter's grade levels? I have thought about the Explore test, yet am glad I didn't follow up since the school asks for Iowa scores.