I also have been finding myself posting a little less. I was finding that I was becoming increasingly overwhelmed and frustrated. It also is good timing since DS5 is in the process of a much needed learning break.

To make a quick comment about the OP: I didn't really notice that my older son was gifted since I was very focused on his gross motor delay. It didn't matter that he was talking full sentences since usually friends and family were always asking if he was walking yet. Once the gross motor thing finally resolved (around 2.5 years old) I started to realize that his vocabulary, counting, rhyming and reasoning skills were advanced for his age.

I was more aware of some early skills from my younger two (untested) children. Right now I love sitting and watching DD4 create wonderful art masterpieces with such expression and detail. I also love watching DS2 put together puzzles with such determination and ease. I honestly think I am just more aware to look for these things after having gone through it once already.

Crisc