I wish I had some good advice, but it was difficult with DS last year when he was in first grade. It really depends on the school/teacher and how receptive they are to your concerns. I tried to be very cordial/friendly, and make any requests I had in a non-aggressive way (for instance I'd state that I know it's difficult for teachers to spend a lot of time with a child one on one so let's think together about possible solutions...that type of thing), but the teacher just didn't want to do anything. I think her underlying attitude toward gifted kids is that they are already ahead, just let them have a good time and be kids. She couldn't grasp how bored these kids are and how damaging it is for them to do work that is way too easy. When we switched schools, I didn't ask much of the teacher, but I'm sure she put two and two together and figured out why we had left the old school, so she did her best to meet DS's needs. Unlike the other teacher, she understood that it would be a waste of time for him to do the first grade curriculum. I didn't need to go through a speech to convince her of that, she simply observed him and began to test him to see what level he was at, and within a day it was clear to her.
Do you know who his teacher will be? Maybe at "back to school night" or whatever you have there, mention that you would like to talk briefly about your DS's needs and if there is a time you could pop in for an informal chat. Mention that you have test results and you are concerned about the regular curriculum and how it will help your DS progress. Then see how she responds before figuring out next moves.

I have the same concerns for the fall (second grade) but luckily DS's first grade teacher (the good one) went and talked to his new teacher and outright said that he will need advanced work, and gave examples of things that she had been working on with him. That spared me having to go in myself and make a speech about how smart I think my kid is. The new teacher told me afterwards he probably needs to have an individualized plan and work at his own pace. She was going to talk to some people over the summer and try to figure out how to make it work. If that fails, then we can do an official grade acceleration for math. Going to third grade for math would still be too easy for him, but it's better than nothing. So far so good, but we'll see how it all plays out!