OTs can not diagnose anything (at least not in the US). They can tell you until they are blue in the face your child has dyspraxia/DCD and no one (like school, etc) will care or take it seriously because OTs can not diagnose anything. Neurologists can diagnose DCD/dyspraxia. As can developmental pediatricians. Neurologist and developmental peds will often work with an OT in diagnosing or look at and use an OT's tests and reports, though. Neuropsychs can diagnose it too but I find it is really hit or miss with them. The ones I have dealt with didn't seem as knowledgeable about the disorder and seemed more interested in seeing adhd, autism spectrum disorders, etc. There is one in my area that is known for having a really good understanding of apraxia, dyspraxia, etc... but the others not so much. My son's neurologist was quite knowledgeable about it. And as an added bonus, I found that insurance seems to cover the neurologists evals much more readily but not so keen on covering psych or neuropsych evals so that is something to look into as well.