Originally Posted by kickball
content wise it looks like 3rd would be a great fit instead of 2nd but she's 6.5 and in public i'm already worried she's going to get it for not being 7 when they go back.

First, it's normal to be frightened. That's what we are here to hear about.
2nd, if 3rd would be a great fit content wise, and the school will let you place her there, I reccomend you work it out NOW to give it a try. Kids in 3rd are still pretty oblivious, and if she shows up on the first day, no one has to know her age at all.

I've done the midyear gradeskip, and it's better than no gradeskip, but socially the first day of school is a help. Would it upset DD to go to third?

BTW - from what I understand, every kid gets teased for something. Assuming teasing is a given, wouldn't you rather her be teased for being 'too young' than for her clothing or hair - IF the academics are a good fit. My son's school district didn't have any pull out program, but what I've observed is that HG+ kids do much better in a pull out with kids who are older. The activities seem less idiotic and the peers fit better.

Good luck!
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com