The thing that really got on my nerves about the driver's license was that they asked parents to get it out even though they know full well who you are, if you have had kids in the school for a while. They make you get it out and they don't even look at it, because it's already obvious who you are. It's ridiculous, like showing your next door neighbor identification. They don't scan it, they are just supposed to be verifying that the name on the ID matches up with the name on the sign-in sheet, but no one looks at the sign-in sheet anyway. I'm really not sure what the point even is.
The school loses kids regularly so all of the locked doors to keep people out don't actually keep the kids safe. I've heard of 3 kindergarten-first grade kids just in the last year who left the building at some point after they were dropped off, and were wandering around school grounds or walked home when they were supposed to be at school. If a little kid is outside in 0 degree temps and all of the school doors are locked so they can't get in, that poses a greater threat than worrying about someone abducting them from the school, or a school shooter IMO.