I think the school is doing differentiation for him, but I get very little feedback on what. I didn't realise they had done another reading comprehension assessment. It was something with levels, and his teacher said she started at level 30 and went backwards as he couldn't answer closed questions. She said it was not til level 21 that still uses pictures and that he depends on the visual cues. She may be right, but I didn't know they had done that.
Then last week he came home with the standard cut and paste words worksheets and I started to wonder what they wee doing with him. But I think there was a sub that day. So I do think they have his own plan, I just don't know what exactly he is working on.

Also, there is a computer program for math that the year 1 kids get homework on, but DS has not been given a login, so he doesn't get access to it at home. I asked and they said there were issues because he is k in the system not year 1. So I don't know what he is doing in math, and it seems he is at a disadvantage not having access to the homework.

I do sympathise with the school, and I think there are definitely some social and emotional issues that need to be addressed. I just hope we can find a balance with academic needs too.