Here's what I'd do. I'd play detective for my own family tree and I would trace every characteristic that you are certain that you have back to the people you are the most genetically linked to.

For example, my biological father is a natural at mathematics and does not care at all about spelling. He went into a job where everything is abbreviated anyway; no one in that job was spelling.

Tests always have their limitations; test administrators have their limitations. For example, my child does not technically score the way I'd expect for speed processing. Yet, I know the strength of the speed processing without the test because I eye-witness the speed of the child and standardized tests have a timing element, so, in order to ace standardized tests you can calculate the speed of the child. How many questions were answered correctly and how many minutes did it take the child. So, I know there is something wrong with the speed processing test or administrator or both, and when the time is right (say to help another family) I will try to explain it. The schools get so touchy; they don't really want to know their short-comings. It is very different than for-profit businesses who hopefully understand you need feedback for whatever is not working.

Thank goodness and your good self, you survived it. I wonder if maybe you may have been needing the college setting early on. (Something to think about if you decide to have a child.)
Also, don't forget to check in on nieces / nephews / cousins. You might be able to help another family member by saving them from what you went through.