Your daughter is doing great. I think it would be better if they identified the other gifted readers. Then, I would let that group read together, but, of course, each with reading materials at their actual reading level. For gifted students who are very young, letting them choose the topic is probably easiest. When they are older, they should probably read the classics as a basic foundation for their frame of reference among other well educated people. Those classics become shared information that people discuss. If you never read the book, then you are left out of the conversation. I would never slow down a fast reader. In fact, I keep wondering why all schools don't offer speed reading 101 (which I have not been to yet either come to think of it). All of the very smartest people that I know are actually speeding up as they get older and have more responsibility. Think about the U.S. President after a long day of meetings. I bet he speed reads every night on his own just so that he can get some information direct from certain sources without an advisor's perspective, just him, his thoughts, his instincts. You are doing such a great job. Keep up the good work.