To the OP. My 6 year old is extremely musical - ever since he was a baby. He started piano at 4 years old and at 6 plays at the intermediate level. He is good at music theory too. The amazing thing for us is that he can play pieces by ear - and these are classical pieces that he listens to on classical radio (yup, that is all he listens to). And he has been cranking out musical compositions for more than a year now - cute songs about superheroes fighting bad guys and the rain outside canceling his playdate at the park etc. His compositions have amazing details -like pedaling, speed changes, movements, legatos, different octaves etc. Infact, he won a prize when I casually entered his composition for a contest open to 9 year olds.
BUT, we think that it is more of a passion than anything else. If I morphed into Amy Chua, we might see "results" from it. But, I am a wimpy Tiger Mom and want my child to "enjoy exploring" music - with a parental attitude like this, he will not end up a prodigy. He might pick up and learn 4 or 5 instruments and play really well at the school level and then go on to a STEM career as several have done before him in our family.
So, in our case, there is no prodigy lurking in there - just a fun loving, curious little kid with an aptitude and ear for music.