I just don't understand it... this isn't the way parent-teacher conferences work at this level. He's not in middle school and I don't know of any issues that would necessitate this. And we just had an IEP meeting about 6 weeks ago. His grades seems fine and no one has contacted me with any issues and DS seems happy enough. So why is it being done this way and why wasn't I informed before this? Obviously, they had to schedule this among themselves so they knew they were going to do this. I was planning on heading to work right after the conference and I was not planning on it being a protracted conference, which obviously it looks like it will be. They sent home a form about two weeks ago asking the parents if they would like anyone else at the p/t meeting and what issues and concerns you have. I put down I did not need to see anyone else and had no big concerns.

This school spent all of last year "catching me off-guard" So I am very suspicious.

Honestly, I always feel ganged up on and unprepared and I hate it. I hate meeting with them. I hate the whole thing. As long as DS's grades are decent and he seems happy then I don't even want to do a parent-teacher conference. I am more than happy to just coast along as is...

Last edited by Irena; 11/24/13 06:34 PM.