Hi Catherine,
First of all, don't worry about posting - your son is only two! You will get a lot of knowledge along the way and but for now, it's ok to 'take.' Of course if you remember anything from your own childhood - that's always welcome!

BTW - ask for stories about you and DH while growing up, and all the sibling - usually you'll get a few that outdo your own kid. My son was a champion nurser, so I got flack for 'spoiling him' and was sure relieved to hear that DH had a open sore on his thumb until way past age of 7 because he was such an avid thumbsucker.

I sure do relate to having a child who has a difficult time 'gearing down' when it's bed time.
Have you read this book http://www.amazon.com/Raising-Your-Spirited-Child-Perceptive/dp/0060923288

(If you decide to buy it, then go to hoagiegifted.org first and navigate from there.)

I encourage you not to worry about the social stuff at this young age, that is, unless you can find him some number obcessed 3 -5 year olds who share his passion for counting. If his school has the ability to let him spend some of his day with older children, I think this might be a help.

Best Wishes,
Grinity (who's son's favorite gift for his 2nd birthday was a stuffed letter 'W' - a letter not in his name.

Last edited by Grinity; 05/30/08 10:54 AM.

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com