Hils, I am not an expert on test scores, but the reason (as I understand it) that the GAI or FSIQ might be higher than the individual sub-components of VCI, PRI etc is that the *combination* occurs less often than the individual scores.

The WISC scores you have could very well be dysgraphia - was this part of a neuropsych eval where you'll have the results of additional follow-up testing included in the report? If so, that will help you understand more about the root cause of the lower coding speed (visual vs fine motor etc).

Is it worth "taking up with the school?" *ABSOLUTELY*. You've asked if you should "accommodate only if it bothers him." I'll address that question in two ways. First, it sounds from what you've written above that it most likely *does* bother him: for instance, he wiggles a lot. That could be a sign of a visual issue - my dd who has a vision challenge is a very squiggly wiggly kid. When her eyes are working together a-ok, she wiggles much less while working on schoolwork. You also mentioned seeing frustration with writing assignments and frequent writing mistakes - that is classic dysgraphia. He needs to be able to show his full knowledge at school, and chances are he can't at the moment without accommodations. As the workload in school ramps up in the next few years, chances are it's going to become more and more difficult if he doesn't have accommodations.

Next point of view - let's suppose it's really not impacting him at this point in time and he's happy as a clam. That's good - for now. But if he's truly dysgraphic he's most likely at some point in time going to need accommodations. It's a good thing to start implementing them now both for him (so he'll learn how to use them and feel comfortable using them) as well as to be sure he is *able* to get them later on. It's typically easier to get accommodations when you have a professional report that is current than to try to use that report 2 or more years from now - if you wait, you'll probably have to re-eval.

The other thing you noted was that "he does generally well at grade level". I think most of us here would expect a child who has a VCI of 140 and a PRI of 133, and who *wasn't* dealing with an unaccommodated LD to be working "really well" and "above grade level".

polarbear