Update: Age 22 months (new media)

Books:
- I Can Tell by Touching
- The Gruffalo's Child
- One Cool Friend
- Run, Turkey, Run!
- Fire, Fire (Gail Gibbons) -- a detailed description of fire fighting procedures in a variety of locations (city, country, park, offshore)
- I See Myself
- Baby Brains
- Golden Books-- Saggy Baggy Elephant, Scuffy the Tugboat, Chipmunk's ABC, The Bunny Book, Goodnight Little Bear
- How Many Teeth?
- My Noisy Body
- Bear Snores On -- a sweet fictional story that introduces the concept of hibernation
- Pete the Cat: Pete's Big Lunch
- Stone Soup
- Bats in the Library
- ETA: The "I Wonder Why" series by Kingfisher

Toys:
- Duplo and Mega Bloks-- the favorites this month.
We play with these for about 3 hours every day lately. DS has an easier time building independently with Mega Bloks but enjoys making his own new "toys" out of both sets of blocks. We need at least another set of each to make the more ambitious projects that he wants to build.
- ETA: City Blocks (set of 200 uniform wood blocks). I bought these at a consignment shop and they're terrific for making complex structures. DS is on a real construction kick.

Electronic media:
- Nothing new. We were watching too many videos (~1-1.5 hours/day), so I've cut him back here.
- His enjoyment of the controlled Starfall readers was heightened when I loaded the browser "Rover" onto the iPad. Rover is flash enabled, which allows us to access the full Starfall suite in a touchpad format.