DS doesn't start for a few weeks and I don't know who his teacher is yet. Last year I sent an email a few days before about his IEP. And she knew all about it. But I also used the email to update about the summer and what was working and what wasn't. He had such a great year in terms of accommodation where the teacher and OT really worked together to figure out strategies for class work and homework. It made such a difference especially at home - really lessened the battles! Fingers crossed it works as well this year and the teacher is as caring and considerate.

What I hate is this is the second year in a row where I don't know what to do with the school supplies - it's a minor thing in the scheme of things but I would rather not waste money on notebooks that they want to replace. Although he really doesn't want to use the notebooks with the dashed line in the middle. I think he is very cognizant it sets him apart but he has a hard time with the regular wide ruled - although it is getting better. We have been using graph paper notebooks over the summer with some of the stuff he has been doing and it's amazing how much it helps him with sizing and putting spaces between the words. Not sure they would let him use that as a journal but perhaps if he advocates for it himself they might try it. And it continues to amaze me, with out lined paper he will write down the side of the page, he can never remember to "hit return" and start the next line, he basically makes a right turn and writes down the side as if he is doing one of those word pictorials which of course is completely illegible, but never fails that he tries to do that.

DeHe