I'm new here and have been trying to meander through forums and threads to see where to begin.

DD (1st grade) had testing/ADHD assessment done this past month privately (referred by our ped) after we had a local committee hearing at her public school denying a 504 for her (since she had no ADHD diagnosis). She had school-based testing (Naglieri) done in June 2007 where she scored in the 99th percentile. So our ped suggested that she might be 2e.

WISC-IV scores from last month were:
FSIQ: 133
Verbal Comprehension Index: 152
Similarities: 19
Vocabulary: 18
Comprehension: 19

Perceptual Reasoning Index: 131
Block Design: 15
Picture Concepts: 12
Matrix Reasoning: 18

Working Memory Index: 107
Digit Span: 9
Letter-Number Sequencing: 14

Processing Speed Index: 100
Digit Symbol-Coding: 10
Symbol Search: 10

And her Achievement scores:
Reading - Std Score: 127 - Percentile: 96
Word Reading - Std Score: 125 - Percentile: 95
- Age Equiv: 8:4 - Grade Equiv: 2:9
Reading Comprehension - Std Score: 123 - Percentile: 94
- Age Equiv: 11:0 - Grade Equiv: 5:6
Pseudoword Decoding - Std Score: 112 - Percentile: 79
- Age Equiv: 8:0 - Grade Equiv: 2:7

Mathematics - Std Score: 121 - Percentile: 92
Numerical Operations - Std Score: 110 - Percentile: 75
- Age Equiv: 7:4 - Grade Equiv: 1:8
Math Reasoning - Std Score: 127 - Percentile: 96
- Age Equiv: 8:4 - Grade Equiv: 3:1

Written Language - Std Score: 106 - Percentile: 66
Spelling - Std Score: 109 - Percentile: 73
- Age Equiv: 7:0 - Grade Equiv: 1:8
Written Expression - Std Score: 104 - Percentile: 61
- Age Equiv: 7:8 - Grade Equiv: 1:8

I have asked several friends about what this all means and I have heard everything from "she's probably not ADHD" to "does she have dyslexia?". I know she really dislikes writing (and has even in Kindergarten) and her K teacher concluded that DD has a tracking problem when reading.

At this point we are trying to squeeze in a 504 hearing before the end of school (June 13) and DH and I will be meeting our pediatrician in June 4 to discuss individual and group therapy as well as medication options. Our ped will not do meds right away because (a) DD isn't even 7 years old yet (not until August) and (b) she wouldn't need meds in the summer anyway.

What do you folks think? How do I make heads or tails out of these results (especially the WMI and PSI results) re: a possible ADHD diagnosis?

Thanks!
Karen