Ds 7.5-yr-old recently took the WJ-III and scored in the average range. I was hoping he was going to score better than last year (98/99th) so he would qualify for DYS. Instead, ds was using his fingers to subtract and refused to add/subtract double digits. Same child who did this computational math at home within a few minutes.

This year, ds 7.5 was homeschooled and he accelerated through a general curriculum series for grades 1-6. Previously, he had been in two gifted schools. At the first gifted school, he rapidly accelerated through the pre-k/k/1st grade curriculum within 2 1/2 months and we were told that he was pg, but been struggling to get the test results to reflect this (though last year's WJ-III came close).

My son seems to have text anxiety issues or a discrepancy between test scores and performance at home. I'm not sure how to get to the heart of the problem or what stages to take. His reading, writing, and math scores do not reflect anywhere close to what he's been doing at home or even did last year at school.

We're debating about putting ds into public schools, though he's likely to be bored and pulled out within a few weeks or months. Still, he's been really complaining about the lack of friends or finding someone like him, which would be nearly impossible to find with our local public school.

Ds was born with sensory processing issues, dyspraxia, hypotonia (low muscle tone), global developmental delays, and some physical stuff. He's had tons of therapy (pt/ot/speech/feeding/vision/water/neurofeedback) and interventions - 7.5 yrs worth. Some of the physical developments are slowly starting to catch up, but the social/emotional part seems to be lagging.

Any suggestions, tips, or help??? I am frustrated. A cousin mentioned Sylvan for a similar issue with their son, but I'm not sure.