Don't feel dumb. Ha - ask me how I know that kids get a "Z" for doing a great job on something and then not turning it in (I guess I should let it go, since she has successfully graduated from college but yep, that was my eldest - gifted, yes; executive functioning, no!).
And I read your post in ultimate brag thread and it was NOT too braggy. Honestly, it was just factual - that was what the teacher actually wrote (and yay!!! It was awesome). Try to think of it as the equivalent of "she had a great game and scored two goals." smile Here, in this forum at least, just as acceptable.
Online grading can be weird. I like it, but this year, with my youngest going to the middle school for math, it's been interesting. He isn't in the MS online grading system like the others have been, so in some ways (this particular teacher sends home very little) it's actually been nice. We don't see one bad homework assignment, or something not handed in.... it IS actually about the learning. Kind of refreshing actually!
Anyway, glad it all worked out.