Originally Posted by Irena
The only reason I get anywhere at all with these people is because I have the money to hire a lawyer. The threat of the inconvenience of a lawsuit was the only thing that had much effect. And I actually had to do that. They were clearly very comfortable with just ignoring me and letting Mr. Principal beat and bully me into submission. Not one of them was concerned about the child at issue.... not one. So people without the monetary means - their children just suffer. And they suffer. It makes me so sad. They get away with doing whatever they want to those people. All they care about are their egos, their power, etc.

This injustice, particularly against low-SES children and families, makes me angry. It's a good example of how flagrantly administrators disregard the child.

Excuse my ignorance as a pre-school parent, but does the DYS consulting/advocacy provide for legal counsel to families who couldn't themselves afford a lawyer? If not, does anyone know of a charitable organization that does? If nobody covers that service, I would be interested in exploring how to make financing available to affected families.

What is to give light must endure burning.