That's a tricky one in that the MAPs test is not a test of giftedness, it is a test of achievement. Granted, high achievement can certainly correlate with giftedness and given how high the achievement is, I'd venture to guess that she is probably gifted. All of these scores are at or above the 99th percentile for a winter 3rd grader or even a winter 4th grader (and, in the case of math, a winter 7th grader).

There are certainly kids who achieve highly who are not gifted. I'd say that high achievement in a non-gifted child tends to be more in line with a kid who is, say, achieving at the 95th or 98th percentile in an area or two. A kid who is in the 99th in many areas and the 99th even when looking at norms for older kids is more likely to be gifted and not just a high achiever, though.

What, if any, gifted programming does your daughter's school provide if grade skips are off the table? What type of data do they need to identify a child as gifted? This is the info I was able to find online about GT identification/services in NJ: http://www.state.nj.us/education/aps/cccs/g_and_t_req.htm From that, it does appear that all schools must offer some sort of GT services, but it also appears that the state doesn't set the bar for identification or what, exactly, that programming must look like.