I read reviews like that all the time on Great Schools .com reviews. Every time I read about a great good gifted or magnet school I Google and read the great schools reviews. Half of the schools have as their negative review that they don't teach the whole gifted child, including dreams and emotions, or only like high acheievers and expect too much from young kids. The other kind of gifted or good magnet school gets as its negative review that the school staff are enuthiastic, kind, gifted people themselves, but really incompetant about meeting the educational needs of a high achieving gifted student. Google your school and make a Great Schools review, so that parents may know which type of school this is and if it's right for their family. You don't have to, but I do like readinv the reviews and dreaming about what's possible.
I do feel that you got your troubles at a tough age for so many reasons, but there's a lot of opportunities for gifted 13 yr olds too, all the gifted summer camps and online classes (nationwide classmates!).

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar