I am finally decided to proceed with additional requests regarding my DD6. She is currently in second grade (year skipped). Based on her test results/grades and giving her end of the year test (3d grade one) I decided to ask to move her to 3d grade math. I am having some doubts as far as "holes" in her knowledge. So I am gathering info on what they teach in 3d grade. She understands fractions (easily works on adding and subtracting fractions with common denominators). Understands and works with multiplications and divisions. However, she doesn't know the facts (i.e. cannot take timed tests on multiplication facts). Geometry is easy for her. We covered negative items (adding and subtracting them). The reason that I am doing it - she is really interested in moving forward with concepts and bigger picture math but refuses to work on basics (like memorizing multiplication facts) with me. She is much better in doing what is required by others than if it comes from me... I just wanted to make sure that we are up for a reasonable challenge (I am thinking month or so to memorize all the facts that are needed). I also need this info to be prepared to show her readiness and resonate with arguments like "She should know multiplications 1 through 5 by this time of year"... and lay out a plan to catch up in needed areas. Ultimate goal is to take standardized math test for 3d grade at the end of the year with 3d graders and proceed with 4th grade math next year. Any detailed info on what your kids are doing in class (not at home!!! grin) would be appriciated. Thank you!