My son just took both. His achievement was actually much higher in Math than what would be predicted from his IQ scores. (145+ FSIQ, 145+ GAI and scored 158 broad math on achievement, 160+ on math problem solving). He seems to be underperforming on reading and writing (120+ broad reading and written expression).

The tester explained that it is impossible to outperform your IQ on achievement test no matter what your environment and learning to date and that this discrepancy means there is an underlying problem or learning issue. She thinks my son has stealth dyslexia and that his lower IQ scores are actually not a reflection of his true ability now. (Not that 99.9% is actually low ;)) She believes that his IQ is probably higher and once he gets vision therapy and auditory processing evaluation/interventions, his IQ would probably jump up closer to his achievement scores. She said IQ is relatively stable except for those with processing disorders. They can actually get higher IQ scores over time.

My son is in 1st grade, just turned 7, and the questions he was able to answer on achievement testing were quite remarkable. Like averaging temperature increases per hour given two different time periods.

Last edited by qxp; 01/22/13 09:01 PM.