Mary I am not an expert on dyspraxia NOR have I seen your child, but I think that it's really really easy for gifted children to compensate astonishingly for any weakness they might have. I am pretty sure I am not the only child who wished things had been pointed out to me sooner, or that I had noticed things sooner myself. My favourite saying now is "If in doubt check it out!".

I remember thinking thank goodness my own child is co-ordinated and physically able, has good posture, etc and didn't turn out like me. Because she was seemingly developmentally advanced in many gross and fine motor skills, an amazing climber, various other things. I had her assessed by an OT because I knew she had sensory issues. I was utterly confused to learn that she had numerous gross and fine motor developmental issues. She's very good at learning motor skills she can learn her own way in her own time. She's pretty much in capable of learning motor skills in a group scenario in a typical fashion. Teaching herself playground equipment, big tick, skiing lessons, balls sports, etc - massive, massive fail.... Sometimes it does take a professional to point out things we aren't seeing. Maybe you need to find out whether she is the right person to fully asses what she is seeing, or who is, and have it formally assessed and then explained to you. She's not severe and she can compensate but she definitely does have significant motor planning issues that show up most in diffiultly learning new skills or executing anything that requires speed (ie ball sports).