st pauli girl...I think you're absolutely right that the response was not a "judging comment" from his teacher. I actually like her very much. I think it just hit my frustration nerve. (And from what I understand, she was frustrated at the time. Apparently, she's been having trouble with that kid not really having a manageable classroom etiquette.) And I'll admit, we frequently find ourselves falling into the trap of expecting a little too much out of a child who's only been on the earth for 6 years. I've been here much longer and I could certainly make better choices much of the time.

I'm glad the comment didn't really bother my son. Not much really bothers him. He's such a happy-go-lucky kid. Hopefully, next year he will rise to the level of his peers in class. (At least some of the time. Maybe? Thank goodness the teachers at his school all love him and think he's a great kid, regardless of the classroom antics he finds funny.)

I could certainly learn something about laughing a little more during the day from my son! And hey, maybe the kid was really funny! ;-)