I hope someone can offer advice here. Thanks in advance!

My son came home the last two days with frustration regarding the baseless criticisms given to him after school and snide comments made during class (followed by an �I�m just kidding� while the class snickers). My husband and I have a few of our own recent examples too. This is classic �cutting down the tallest poppies� sort of stuff!

He takes it in amazing stride! He vents to me, and then reflects on how glad he is that the other 5th grade teacher is more professional and how happy he is to go to the sixth grade for math and work with the asst. principle for English.

We experienced this same situation in 3rd grade. His current teacher has an extremely similar personality as his 3rd grade teacher. As my son describes them, �They pretend to be really fun and nice, but deep down, they are really sneaky and mean�. He is not overly critical of people in general; just frustrated when the one in charge uses what power they have in an inappropriate manner. He describes negative character traits in other teachers such as loses temper easily, but assesses that overall they are nice people. He is pretty realistic and accepting of others (flaws and all).

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THE ADVICE OF EVERYONE HERE AS TO WHAT TO DO IF ANYTHING REGARDING THE INTENTIONAL BULLYING OF THIS TEACHER. In third grade, we did nothing until one last straw near the end of the year because we believed it would only be worse (for our son) if we discussed our concerns with the teacher. We obviously did not think highly of her.

Just for the record, I�m not a teacher hater. I really do revere the many wonderful teachers I have met. I also know from having worked in a school myself, that teachers, like every segment of society, have various values, prejudices, motivations and competencies.