JamD, I first looked at your other post with the WISC and WJ-III Broad scores - do you have the individual subtest scores from the WJ-III (or was it WIAT?) achievement tests? It's possible that the lower scores on the "Broad" tests are due to lower scores on any test labelled "fluency" - there is usually one given in each category (reading, writing, math) and the fluency tests are designed to check for speed and accuracy, handwriting is required on the response and the subtest is timed - so if handwriting *speed* is impacted by the Disorder of Written Expression, a student's test scores on the fluency tests will be low relative to their ability to perform the calculation/etc.

I have a ton of suggestions re "what to do next" - but no time to post at the moment. I'll be back later this weekend. In the meantime, can you post a bit about the specifics the psych saw re reading and writing challenges? Did the psych suggest a specific reading curriculum? Are the writing challenges in the physical act of handwriting or are there challenges with written expression (or both?)

Last piece of quick advice - hang in there!

More later,

polarbear