Looking at the survey she is not interested in non-academic extracurricular programs.
From her survey the statements below show this.

"nurturing giftedness in alternative learning environments"
One paper involves a survey on gifted children's experience of academic extracurricular programs.

The questions are geared towards the quality and effectiveness of extracurricular academic programs.
Which in my opinion are quite lacking for the younger students in science in general and even more so for technology (especially computer programming topics).
There are plenty of math programs for elementary students to be working ahead in/greater depth.
This survey may begin to quantify the short comings of many of these after-school, weekend "enrichment classes"

I do not see how responding to one activity effects the results of her survey. She is asking some general questions on the benefits of academic programs that your child has taken. The survey is not asking about the details of a given program or on how many programs your child has taken. The questions are related to, Do you see any real value in these enrichment programs?
(For example, the quality of the program, some important reasons for participating in the classes etc.)
For most people there are probably some good and some bad experiences. It is possible that maybe the question that states to choose an activity, could be further explained as to choose an effective experience or not so positive of an experience.

But I have to ask, What is it about this survey that you find so flawed. It appears that it is asking a topic that is different that what you wanted asked?

Last edited by barbarajean; 06/11/12 10:21 PM.