Our ds is in 6th grade, which is middle school here, and working ahead of grade level in math. These are his accommodations, which are very similar to MON's ds' accommodations:

* Does not have to re-write the problem on his answer sheet.
* Uses his laptop for all math assignments (there are occasional assignments or worksheets which he chooses to use handwriting for, but it's a *choice*.
* Uses Efofex software - in our ds' case, he is working on a Mac (personal laptop) and runs Efofex using Parallels/Windows, but is currently also using the one Efofex module which has been released for the Mac - it's still considered to be in "Beta" mode but it's worked essentially trouble-free for him. I apologize for the detail but wanted to add it in just in case someone is reading who is struggling with how to do math on a Mac!
* DS also has a new equation editor that runs on the Mac that he likes as well as the Efofex equation editor, but I don't have his computer with me at the moment, and I don't remember the name of it! The downside to it is, it's not free, and it is only an equation editor.
* DS has time and a half on testing (but has never needed it for anything other than fluency tests
* DS is allowed to use his computer on tests for written essay questions (anything more than a short few-words answer
* DS is not graded on spelling, punctuation, etc for tests outside of those specific subjects
* DS is allowed to record class lectures (which he currently doesn't do but the math is still easy enough for him he probably wouldn't be taking notes even if he didn't have dysgraphia)
* He hasn't used it, but it was recommended by his neuropsych that ds be allowed to use a calculator to check his work on tests (not to do the work, but to check to make sure he hasn't made any dysgraphia-related errors in writing while working through problems - he makes this type of error even on the computer).
* Is allowed to take picture of the daily assignment written on the board rather than having to type it into his planner

That's all I can remember at the moment. I'll add though, that no matter how many accommodations are in place and how well we think we have it covered, dysgraphia still presents some major hurdles in math for our ds (hurdles that are completely unrelated to his understanding of the math concepts). We do what we can to give him ways to avoid copying, but he still will sometimes write down a number which is not the number that's in his head while doing an equation, or when working on a page that has another problem worked on it accidentally copy something from the other problem instead of the current problem as he works through solving an equation, or transposing numbers etc. I am certain the time it takes him to do his math homework is usually (for most topics) twice as long as it takes the other students in his class.

You mentioned that your school district isn't used to giving accommodations to students who are accelerated as your dd is - they may not, but I'm guessing they *have* had students in higher level math classes who have needed accommodations whether or not they are accelerated, and the accommodations for a writing disability should be the same, regardless of the student's age.

Best wishes,

polarbear