Originally Posted by Somerdai
Originally Posted by kikiandkyle
I was also a very creative child, I was obsessed with cooking and baking, and art and I played the violin. I spent summers at my grandmothers house learning how to cook and doing crafts with her. I wanted to be an artist or a chef when I grew up, but my parents always discouraged it.

I can relate to wanting something different from where you currently find yourself. I'm curious if you still enjoy any of these things from your childhood?

Originally Posted by annette
Occasionally, unusual vocab words slip out, but I act spacey enough to offset that.
Lol. I thought I was pretty good at hiding too, having practiced so much in my childhood, but I was with my sisters-in-law this weekend and I heard one of them referring to me, "Yeah, she's the intellectual one."

I've had this from my inlaws too!

I don't play the violin anymore, it became impractical after I finished high school. But I still have a lot of the other interests. I still love baking and cooking, I knit, crochet and sew, I like to create little bits of art for my house. I'm not always very good at any of it, but I keep on trying. I do have secret dreams of turning it into a business some day, but I don't know how or when.

Sorry for the thread hijack everyone. Discovering my child is gifted has brought back many painful memories for me, as you can tell!