I'm going to jump in with some thoughts about EQ.

Originally Posted by Dude
EQ plays an even bigger role in the acquisition of wealth than IQ does, so the person who is brighter than normal and extremely charming will generally acquire wealth far more successfully than the emotionally-intense PG adult whom people regard as rather odd.

The median IQ of the wealthy may be 125, but it's also tightly clustered there.

How much does "EQ" depend on the IQs of the people who are interacting? I've read that communication (especially work-related communication) can be very difficult between people with cognitive gaps of ~30 IQ points or more. My interpretation of what I've read is that the smarter person is seeing things in a much more complex way and that he may come across negatively as a result. By "negative," I mean rude, pushy, arrogant, difficult, or any other similar attribute.

People with DYS kids (and the DITD itself) frequently say that one benefit of the DITD programs is to allow people of very high cognitive ability to interact with others like them. Organizations like the Prometheus Society exist in part so that members can meet people who think like they do (read this article to see what I mean).

Part of me wonders if a large part of the high-IQ-social-skills-problem is simply a natural result of extreme differences in cognitive ability. If a bunch of people with IQs between 140 and 170 (and clustering in the 150s) were tossed into a room, I wonder how many would feel socially awkward and have trouble communicating.

And I wonder, if a few people with IQs around 100-110 were tossed into a company with >200 people whose IQs were in the 70-80 range, how well would the former group fit in? Let us assume that only one or two of the higher-IQ group is in a leadership role, and that the CEO is in the lower-IQ group.