Hi, Everyone,

A new recommendation. We just started listening to the unabridged version of Bill Bryson's A Short History of Nearly Everything. DS loves it. It's so much the way he thinks. (e.g., the introduction talked about atoms and how you might have an atom in you that formed part of a creature who once licked cave walls, or had a blowhole on the top of his head). Of course, it's an adult book, so it has words like birds**t in it (talking about how the scientists in NJ were trying to figure out what was going on with their newly installed equipment that was picking up static, so they had to clean the you know off it) - DS loves hearing that!! We found the unabridged version of tapes at the library. The cd's are abridged, although there is an unabridged version available on Itunes (we're about to go on vacation and I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to travel with less than 13 cassette tapes!).

The criticism I read on amazon from those who criticized it said it was too simple for those who knew science. Well, it's just perfect for DS7 - and me (the former comp. lit. major).