He sounds pretty text book inattentive ADHD / gifted to me. The dyslexia sounds like it has been well remediated, medication often also helps with CAPD. I personally would be very willing to do anmedication trial. Well I AM doing a medication trial with my almost 10 year old gifted, dyslexic, CAPD, ADHD-I daughter when school goes back on Wednesday. We've given her doses over the holidays to see how it effects her at home, it will be interesting to see how it effects school.

But I do agree that your child might possibly have also outgrown their school if the pace is too slow.

Something to keep in mind is that inattentive ADHD is not about being unable to concentrate at all, but about being unable to control one's attention when needed. Sure he can do something that is instantly gratifying for hours (read, tv, computer games, interesting science lectures), that does not mean he is able to make himself practice handwriting, do math worksheets, sit through boring lessons at school, or do his taxes when he grows up.