Thanks, polarbear - your advice is what I ended up doing last night.

We set up my son with him own email address (I have it on my set of emails as well so that I can see the messages coming in). He typed the answers to the questions of several of his assignments and emailed them to his teachers. His science teacher emailed him last night telling him how proud she was of him and that she was happy to email replies to questions and to get his homework via email.

His social studies teacher has informed him that it's too late to make up the work and that they are all zeros. I have sent the teacher a polite email reminding him of the IEP in place for dysgraphia and asking him to reconsider. If he doesn't, then it will require a more proactive approach.

I have also sent an email to the head of the special ed department who oversees my son's IEP at the school. I've asked her if we can add the teacher signatures daily to his IEP.

It's so crazy-making sometimes. He had a sub in math today, and the task was to copy a test from the board and then take the test. He took so long copying the problems that by the time he was ready to take the test it was time to copy his homework problems from the board. The sub informed my son he was getting a zero on the test, because he didn't answer the problems. Sigh. So yet another round of emails to get that addressed. I realize the sub has no clue about IEP's, etc., but the sub should also not be telling the students what will happen to them in situations they don't understand, either. My son came home quite upset until he understood that the sub was completely wrong.