Originally Posted by Dude
Earlier, I pointed out a number of misconceptions about the nature of giftedness that they brought up during the meeting. If you assume that they're all true, then their strategy makes perfect sense, and is the best fit for my daughter. ... Thus, it falls to us to provide a preponderance of evidence... and even that may not be enough, because if everyone was able to accept validated evidence that challenges their own preconceptions, there'd be no such thing as a truther or a moonie.

Yes, I agree with your skepticism. The same skepticism was why I suggested that you write a letter quoting the law.

True, you can try to convince them, and if you do so via email, you'll get more stuff in writing in the process.

But if you either skip the convincing altogether or write a letter after they haven't been convinced (or, really, after you have enough evidence to get them on legal points), you can get what your daughter needs through a route that may be more objective than trying to convince people who may have no interest in being convinced.

And in all honesty, it looks to me like you have presented a preponderance of solid evidence. If they're so willing to ignore it completely, why would they take more evidence seriously?

(Which leads me back to using the law to force them to do what they're legally supposed to do).

Last edited by Val; 11/10/11 01:31 PM. Reason: Clarity