To answer the other questions that popped up while I was posting my last response, I wouldn't consider this if everything else about our current location were fairly satisfying. We do live in a nice community and it is a good place to raise kids. However, we are isolated.

Dh and I are both from the west coast originally. Our entire families live in CA, OR, and WA. Some of them we actually might not want to live closer to, but it is more "home" in some ways. We have lived here for the kids' entire lives, though.

The job market here is the most difficult I've ever found in any place I've ever lived. I am very unsatisfied with my work situation and am pretty sure that I'd have better career options in Seattle although it would be a huge adjustment to have me working ft out of the home, which I haven't done since dds were born.

Dh also has a very hard time with the weather here. He hates driving in snow and complains about it regularly.

That said, we've been in this house a very long time and it would be costly and hard to do all that is necessary to move.