Thanks! I don't actually have any test results back. Her new school has her read aloud to me 20 min a night as homework, so it's just that I am noticing the errors she makes and wondering what they mean for assigning reading level. (Normally I only hear her read aloud to her younger brother, so that's generally picture books. It's sort of new to hear her read aloud at her level.) The skipping words one I think is because she skims ahead. She reads with awesome expression and verve and gets into that part of it, and I think it means reduced attention to detail sometimes. I don't know if she skips words when reading silently. She likes to take the book quizzes on this site: http://www.bookadventure.com/, which features those annoying tiny-detail questions ("What color was Jennifer's sweater in chapter 2?) and generally scores 9/10 or 10/10 without referring back, on books I consider at her level (about 5th/6th grade). However, these books would contain probably 2-3 words per page she'd stumble on in terms of pronunciation.

She does now attend a gifted school so hopefully they will be pretty familiar with how to assess kids who are strong readers.

Last edited by ultramarina; 08/26/11 06:07 AM.