UGGGGG OH MAN! Now as much as I'm not sure all-day is best... the lower median age is very appealing as many of the k kids now mostly have birthdays around 2 months of either side of a traditional cutoff. BUT, I now it sounds like there is a real chance they might axe the k class because of problems every year getting enough enrollment.

so what is my plan b? I've talked to the public school a number of times regarding my 1st grader... they only believe in class room differentiation and they off 2-3 hours per week of pull-out. but with a HG/EG child in a classroom of 29 kids with one teacher... am i being negative to believe this could work... i ultimately want to keep all these kids together. do i sell our house in this market and move to one of the local districts with self containted gifted classrooms.... or fight legally for our district which told us last year they couldn't help us to make a neighboring district take us as non-residents.

Went to hear sylvia rimm last night. man, i feel for all of you who have to advocate as a full-time job to get your kids educated to their potential.